Joe Bonahoom grew up in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Joe graduated from Marquette University in 1982, with his B.S. in Business Administration. After graduating, Joe attended Marquette University School of Law, where he received the Saint Thomas More Scholarship. He has been practicing law since 1986.
Joe is a former Partner with Barrett McNagny, founder of the law firm of Bonahoom & Bonahoom, LLP, and co-founder of Bonahoom & Bobilya, LLC.
Joe has concentrated his practice and has extensive experience in all facets of General Business and Transaction law from start-ups to general corporate counsel to complex transactions to succession planning, and also in Elder Law, Estate Planning and Administration and Municipal Law. Substantially all of his practice has been undertaken in the representation of individuals and their business entities. Joe currently serves and has acted as general counsel to the Fort Wayne City Council since 1996.
Joe provides general counsel and risk management advice to businesses and serves as outside general counsel to multiple companies. His experience in these areas allows him to consult with and advise business clients with regard to their legal, financial and ongoing business needs, including succession planning.
Joe’s combined experience in the areas of general business, estate planning, elder law and estate administration uniquely qualifies him to advise and counsel with regard to succession planning as these areas relate to general business concerns. His experience enables him to advise on both business and individual legal matters through the life cycle of the business and an individual’s lifetime.
Joe is committed to give back to the community and to others for the betterment of Fort Wayne and its citizens. He is a founding member, past president and currently serves on the Board of Directors of HearCare Connection, Inc. d/b/a Give Hear. He is a founding board member and has served as the past president of the board for the Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne, Crossroad, as well as other charitable organizations.
In his free time, Joe enjoys spending time and traveling his wife, Sandy, and their 3 sons, Z. Otto (Kristen); Spencer; and Benjamin. He also enjoys golf, attending athletic and theater events, and is a member of St. Vincent’s Catholic Church in Fort Wayne.
- General Business and Corporate Law
- Elder Law, Long Term Care planning, and Medicaid Planning
- Estate Planning, Wills, Trust and Guardianship
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Business Succession Plans
- Mergers and Acquisitions-stock and assist sales
- Partnerships/Corporations/LLC Contracts and Transactions
- Buy/Sell and stock purchase agreements
- Real Estate, commercial purchases, sales and leasing, land development
- Municipal Law
- Marquette University, B.S. in Business Administration
- Marquette University School of Law, J.D.
- Medicaid Application Approval
- Asset Protection Planning
- Simple and Complex Estate Planning
- Company Sales and Acquisitions
- Transition of Family Owned Businesses to the Next Generation
- Attorney for City Council since 1996
- Real Estate Transactions